Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I do not aim to make you fat

Being the dessert lady I find that I'm unfairly labeled with being the person who is trying to make you fat. So I thought I'd just use today's posting to clear the air a little. :) I hear things from people like "Kayla, my hips are sure going to appreciate this turtle cheesecake of yours," and "Ugh, this monkey bread is going to cost me 30 more minutes on the treadmill tonight." I do not aim to make you poor folks fat. I support your desire to workout and be thin. I mean what girl doesn't long to look like the victoria secret models? Boobs are upright, stomach is flat, curve-acious has a whole new meaning when they are titled with it, and here we sit having, as I say, sacrificed our bodies for our children.  However I must admit, that I think the way that God made you is just perfect to me. I think that you only get to live this life once, and I would hate to have gotten to heaven and told God that He has surely blessed me and I lived a full life, only having this one regret...wishing I had eaten just a few more BigMacs. Life can be full of little indulgences. My best friend manages to indulge a little every few days and remain strict in her daily diet of healthy eating. So do I want everyone to be fat? Absolutely not. I just want us fine people to be able to indulge in a little something sweet every now and again. Let's not swear off all desserts until the holidays and then pig out with pies cakes and all the gravies we can get our hands on.
We work hard don't we? We deserve to meet up with the dessert lady here and there and have good coffee and great treats over unsurpassed conversation? Yes! So keep running ladies, and keep hittin that treadmill, I support you! (Me, I'd rather die than go to the gym or exercise, that's sounds too much like work.) But for all of you out there, like my husband, who enjoy working out, keep on going!
I'm just here to remind you that not all indulgences can be afforded anymore. Not too many of us can indulge in a little trip to Europe or vacation in Hawaii. Let's not get upset about that, but rather enjoy the little indulgences that we can have; like Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies. (Happens to be my best seller.) Lol. We'll chat soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment